5 Reasons Why Play is Purposeful
Many times, as adults we may not always remember how necessary play is for children including teenagers. There is a purpose for play.
Here are 5 reasons why children and teens play:
- To develop social skills and interact with adults and peers.
- To explore objects – touch, hear, taste, see and learn from objects.
- To be creative and develop imagination skills.
- To develop motor skills so that hands can manipulate objects and children can move throughout their environment.
- To learn cognitive skills – cause and effect, motion analysis, number correspondence and more!
Need game ideas for your family? Check out the Growing Play game collection.