Outdoor Letter Match Up
My three year old loves to play this game outdoors matching up the letter cards to the sidewalk chalk letters. This is super simple and she repeats it over and over again.
- Write a few letters on index cards. One letter per card. I only use four letters at a time right now to reinforce the letters.
- Draw matching letters scattered all over the driveway using sidewalk chalk.
- Place the index cards on an outdoor table.
- Ask the child to pick an index card, find the sidewalk chalk letter that matches and put the card next to the big letter. Ask your child to say the letter and the sound of the letter.
- Head back to the table to get the next index card. Repeat finding each letter.
Super simple, cheap, educational and encourages physical activity.